Tuesday, December 2, 2008

more stuff...

....but I don't mean "stuff" this time, I mean what's been going on.

I got my hair colored. All the ends look like they're haloed in candy apple red. It's actually quite fitting for the season! Faith threw some short layers in there and cut off about 3 inches in the back so it's still long. You probably wouldn't even be able to tell.

Thanksgiving was good. I cooked some of the veggies so we were ready to go before the turkey was done. We had a good time and my very pregnant sister sat there and looked very pregnant. :)

Right after Thanksgiving dinner I came home and demolished the shower walls. A previous home owner cemented this laminated board stuff over the tiles in the shower area. I don't like pink either, but I don't think I would've gotten rid of it that way. So, I ripped it all off. I love demolition!!

My b-i-l ripped down the wall board behind the tile because it was regular blue board and not cement board like it should've been. He replaced it with cement board and then completely tiled the shower area in white. I can't even begin to describe how much better it looks now.

I've had a lot of stuff going on in the house. The bookcase, which has been done for a while, is now shellacked and full of books. Not surprisingly, there isn't enough room for all that I have. I now have a closet closing off the drop to the cellar stairs that is, I think, completely finished. I'm not sure if he has some sanding left to do but eventually I'll have to paint it and then I can hang stuff in there. The wainscoting is up in the bathroom and it looks really good. I have to fill in the nail holes and paint the trim, but that's pretty much done. Next week the kitchen window is being replaced and the living room threshold installed.

I'm rearranging the living room because apparently I can't just do one thing at a time. Yesterday Susan said I couldn't sit still and I thought she was crazy. I love doing nothing on the couch! Apparently she's right tho'. Dammit.

I went to Montreal for a flyball tournament last weekend. Tweak ended up having the squirts Friday night so Jo & I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep because of it. That sucked. There were a number of things wrong with the venue, like the potty area being so far away the dogs couldn't make it and ended up peeing on the floor. Twice I had to pick up Freddie and hold him like a baby to stop him from pooping. Freddie is a housebroken dog, he doesn't just poop anywhere. Suffice it to say we survived the weekend, barely and were thankful to get on the road around 5pm. I hit a snow/ice/sleet storm on the way home and my 4 hour drive ended up taking 6 1/2 hours. The weekend started out wonderfully too as I had forgotten the dogs rabies certificates and had to turn around when I was 1/2 hour away from home. Then I couldn't find them, had to have the vet fax them to me, had to figure out how to hook up the stupid printer that does faxing, etc., etc.
Freddie was 653 points away from his next title and we were 30 short so he didn't get it. There were just so many things....

I don't think I have anything going on this weekend but practice, which will be nice. I plan on catching up with Tivo the next couple of nights since it has been severly neglected the last couple of weeks. I need to make another appt. to take Tweak herding sometime when it isn't cold enough to freeze my girls off. And, as always, I have lots of cleaning to do. Lots. Tons. Ugh.

D

2 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Wow. Glad that You survived the weather. And the demolition. And the squirty dog. And the poorly designed venue.

Maybe Christmas will be a little less hectic. But maybe You wouldn't want it any other way.

Dawn said...

It's really funny because I can spend hours on the couch watching movies or Tivo without a problem. I do usually have to have something to keep my hand busy though.

I learn more and more about myself everyday and I'm starting to think I prefer my life to be organized chaos.

How weird!