Monday, September 17, 2007

weird weekend

I think I left the house a total of 3 times over the weekend. Once to get coffee, once to hit the store, and the final time to have breakfast at the little diner down the street.

Compared with the last, oh, I don't know, 2 months, that's hermitville. I needed time to decompress, time for myself, time to catch up on the 8 loads of laundry I needed to do.

And it was great! I got *all* the laundry done, read a shitload, and actually even cooked a couple of meals for myself - something I haven't really had the time to do lately.

The kids haven't seen this much of me since I had surgery and *couldn't* go anywhere for a couple of weeks.

At the same time, I was pretty darn lonely. I haven't felt that way in a long time so I just went with the flow. It was weird. *Really* weird.

I could've done any number of things - 3 different friends had their 3 different bands playing Friday night. I could've went down to the Vineyard to visit my friend who's up from NJ (if I hadn't lost the phone number of where she's staying), I could've called any number of people and gone out.

I chose not to. I knew I needed time alone after such a busy summer and soon enough it will be time for me to hibernate due to winter. This weekend was a good way to get used to it, get into the swing of things for the next season of life. There are a few things left to do before hibernation becomes official - a couple of fairs I want to go to, apple picking, Oktoberfest. All fun stuff.

The summer is over. I think we're supposed to have a few warm days this week, in the 80's, but that will probably be it. Time to close up the pool, put the summer clothes away, and settle in for a long winter's nap.

D

No comments: