Saturday, September 1, 2007

passwords...

How many passwords do we each have? Have you ever stopped to think about it?

At work, I have access to about a dozen servers. For each server there's probably two username/password combinations. Then there's mail, phonemail, intranet, and about two dozen other applications.

I actually have a little database that keeps track of all my passwords. Of course, it's password protected, which just adds to the list. :p

There are 83 passwords stored in it - just for work stuff. Then there are all the passwords for home - email, my server, my SQL database, blogger (which I still use to leave comments), alllllll the websites I have an account at - all of banks, credit cards, B&N, Amazon - you name it, I probably have it. (Unless your mind is in the gutter, then I don't. :p )

Someday I'll collect them all just to see how many I have. I'm sure I'll forget some though.

I think what amazes me the most is how many of them I have memorized. How can I keep them all in my head? Along with all of my memories, knowledge I've learned over the years both school-wise and life-wise. Think about how many phone numbers you can rattle off the top of your head.

It's pretty amazing if you stop to think about it.

I woke up this morning to a crystal clear pool. :] I need to get in there and vacuum, but otherwise it's like the algae experiment never existed. With as many chemicals that were thrown in there this week, I'd be surprised if you didn't come out radioactive. The really scary part? What I did was a mere fraction of what the water treatment plants do to our drinking water. :lalala:

I'm kinda having a hard time over there being a tournament today and me not being there! I'm usually available for every tournament so it's kinda bugging the shit out of me to miss it! I know the cookout will be fun and soon enough I'll be so brilliantly busy that I won't even remember there's a tournament going on. Until then, however, it's killing me to sit here talking about it and not be there doing it. Killing me!!!

I know I'll just have to drive down to it tomorrow and get a small fix. :p Holy crap! I'm addicted to flyball!

I guess there are worse things...

D

No comments: