Saturday, July 5, 2008

The best photos *ever*

I know I'm biased because she's my friend. I know it, and I'm ok with that. Regardless, my friend Donna is seriously the best action photographer I know. There may very well be people that are better than her but I haven't seen them.

Go take a look and judge for yourself.

Isn't she just amazing? She blows my mind every single time!

Friday's cookout was really good. I had fun, talked with a lot of the same people I saw last week at Glen & Elissa's, ate good food, had a few beers, laughed, etc., etc. The same stuff anyone does when they're at a cookout with their friends.

Today's cookout was fine. On top of being with my family we got a lot done. My b-i-l replaced the front gate and all of the decking around it. That's been on the to-do list since last spring so it's good that it's finally done.

We put the screen house up too, which will be really nice when I want to sit outside at night and not get eaten alive.

We inadvertently found a hornets nest in a mosquito repellent thing. Since everyone in my family is a huge wimp when it comes to bugs, it was pretty comical to see any of us try and deal with it. My brother was the hero of the day when he brought it up front and sprayed the crap out of it with hornet spray. Out of all the green things I'm trying to do, I'm not sure I can give up bug spray! What would the green way for that? A yellow pages? Not inside a container. I guess I'll have to do a little bit of research on that.

So now I'm exhausted, the dogs are exhaused and it's almost time for bed. :)

Oh, I have a few rescues coming in - I'm trying to work out the timing on it since I'm heading to Canada on Thursday again. I would've loved to have had my brother watch some of the dogs but he's on vacation too. Ah well.

D

No comments: