Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where to start...

Two flyball weekends in a row make for a tired Dawn, that's for sure! The pups were nice and tired as well, which is always a good thing.

Freddie ran ok on Sunday. I'm not sure what was up with him but for the last race of the day (and the last race with WW) he dropped the ball before the line - twice I think. It could be that he was just really tired due to racing the weekend before, the extremely hot weather and the number of races there was over the weekend. Everyone looks forward to a lot of racing but doing it is another thing completely!

Tweak lost her little mind in the middle of the day Sunday. She crossed over a couple of times and was pulled immediately. Yeah, that's not acceptable at all. She realized that she was racing this weekend as well. She stopped on her way up the lane a couple of times during warm ups to wonder where the dog in the other lane was. I'm glad that she's getting it, she's starting to understand the game.

Her return to me is killer so now I have to work on her go out since it's not nearly as strong. It seems I'm always training, training, training with her! Her best time this weekend was a 4.0something. That's 2 full seconds faster than Freddie. Michelle's Grit ran a 3.7 which takes the pressure off of me to have a sub 3.8 dog. :D I can say that I'm really happy with that!

This coming weekend I have a disc competition in Wrentham. I'm looking forward to it because I've been so immersed in flyball lately that this will change it up a bit. I think they're doing toss & fetch and freestyle at this one so I'll have to try my hardest not to forget my routine yet again. I bought a vaulting vest from Kerrie this past weekend so now I can start training her for back vaults and not worry about being scarred for life. :p Her and I need to practice *sometime* this week!

I have 3 rescues in foster right now - Kona, a 5 yo b/t neutered Min Pin that has some sort of allergy thing going on I think; Pedro, a 2 yo stag red neutered Min Pin that thinks he's king of the world and needs to come down a few notches; and Reco, a 6 month old stag red neutered Min Pin that just wants to play. There's a little bit of training that needs to happen first as at least 2 of them would snap at you without blinking if you tried to pick them up without warning. I'm soooo glad I don't have school right now on top of everything else!

D

No comments: