Thursday, November 13, 2008

Having that feeling again...

...that not-quite-normal-feeling because I don't have the kid thing going on. Every once in a while it rears its ugly head and I have to talk myself out of feeling defective. I know I'm not, or at least my brain/mind knows I'm not. But times like this make me wonder. Where the fuck does this feeling come from?

I like my friend's kids. I like my nephew and soon-to-be niece. But I only like them if they behave. I'm not a fan of the out of control, won't listen to no one, do whatever they want, have no care in the world, never had a consequence in his/her life type of kids. I dislike the little assholes and I'm not afraid to say it.

Basically, I don't like them if they act like me. :p I'm just kidding. Trust me when I say I've learned what consequences are. The hard way. Each time.

I'll get over it, I always do.

And I won't give a flying that my profile pictures always have dogs in them. I'll remember that that's something to be thankful for. That I won't have a little snot back talking to me. Nor will they sneak out of the house, steal the family car, drink when they're too young or do drugs, waste their college education and not take care of me in my old age. Instead, I'll have to deal with Millie ripping apart a Bic and having blue paws or picking up the insides of stuffed animals after the poor thing gets shredded or vacuuming. Hmmm... me thinks I'm feeling better already!

I'm not defective, I'm procreatively challenged in the head and I think I'll stay that way. :)

D

No comments: