Thursday, October 25, 2007

choices...

It seems I can't have a reliable blog anymore. Anytime I go to edit it, I receive the same MySQL error. I will admit that it has slowed down after some months, but it's still aggravating nonetheless. I'm typing and I have no idea if it will be seen or if it will be lost to some blogger black hole.

Each time, I have to submit a ticket to the help desk so they can delete a particular file in the /temp directory of the server my site is hosted on. I'm sure I've mentioned before that I was having NO problems whatsoever until they picked up and moved my site from an old, aging server to a new, faster server. Just goes to show you that you should listen to some of those old sayings. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So, I'm not pondering what to do. Should I move back to blogger and just have them host everything? Should I attempt to upgrade my blog software in the hopes that will fix the /temp dir problem? Since there are many, many sites sitting on that server, I'm not even sure if it's my site that's filling up the space or someone else's. I could bitch, again, to the support team but that really isn't going to get me that far since all of my hosting is free.

What to do, what to do. I don't know but I'm tired of having issues. REALLY tired, actually. Maybe I should get rid of all the fancy everything and just go back to posting in html like I used to. Then if something broke, it was just my stupid mistake.

In other news, the weather has been beautiful. If I think selfishly, I will admit that this global warming thing has some benefits to the northeast. I like having 83 degree days in late October. Call me crazy. I can only think of that for so long tho' before the reality of the glaciers melting, continents cracking, floods happening, and California dissapearing into the sea bring me back to reality.

Sigh.

I have a bird feeder on my deck. Directly underneath it are my recycling bins so there's always a layer of bird seed and seed shells on the bottom of them. Yesterday I saw Pacie acting very odd near the bins. He was trying to creep up and look into them but he was afraid. Not knowing what was going on, I brought all the dogs in and went to see what had him so curious. Sitting in each bin was a little tiny mouse. At least I think it was a mouse but it could be some other type of mouse-like critter, maybe a vole. I took a couple of pictures, which I'd love to post here, but can not. (See above rant about server problems, that's one of them.)

This morning there were two tiny critters huddling together in one bin. At least they joined forces this time. ;) I think they can get in, but not out. I'm not sure if I should just leave the bins on their side so they could easily escape or not. What if they're in there when I let the dogs out and they try to run away? Min Pins are ratters. Their whole purpose of being is to chase little furry creatures. So I'm not sure if I'd do more harm than good setting the bins on their side. At least this way, I can bring the dogs in and then let them run to safety. Decisions, decisions.

Tonight I'm heading into Boston to see Wicked with Terrie. I love going to the theatre! We'll do dinner first and then head into the show. Hopefully it'll stop raining by then.

Right next to me are my cats, lying in a dog bed, on their sides, facing each other. Tenille has her paw draped over her brother's neck whilst they both snooze away. It's a very cute sight!

D

No comments: