Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Samhain

A merry Samhain to everyone!

Today I dressed up as a witch for work (fitting, huh?) Yesterday the employees brought their kids to work so they could safely trick or treat around the office. We hang these signs outside our office so they know which ones to hit. Today was the day the cafe was decorated and the employees dressed up. I haven't the foggiest idea why the two events didn't happen on the same day. I would think the kids would've loved to have seen people dressed up. I guess that's why I'm not in charge. :p

Although I love Halloween, I don't put my light on for kids to come for candy. People coming to the door makes the dogs go bezerk and it's not worth it for me to yell at them for 2 or 3 kids. Do you think that would stop them from doing it? Don't parents know that you're only supposed to go to the houses with the front light on? Has that changed in the 20 years since I've been Trick or Treating? Jeez.

I'm going to spend some time with the pups now because later I'm going to go sit outside, surrounded my nature, and welcome the new year in. (Halloween is a pagan's New Years Eve.) It's a time for reflection and I plan to do just that. A friend is coming over later and we'll see what that brings.

D

No comments: