Thursday, October 18, 2007

ill...

I hate being sick. Absolutely despise it. Thankfully it only happens once a year - at least that's been the schedule the last couple of years. I avoided bronchitis this year as well, another good thing, but I still hate being sick.

I've been unconscious most of this week (aka napping for most of the day) and have lost all track of time. I no longer know what day of the week it is, what date, or what time. I kinda like that part of it but the rest just blows.

Silvane just left so my house probably smells nice and clean. Since I can't smell anything, I can only assume. At least my head doesn't feel like it's encased in foam as much as it did earlier in the week.

I had a weird dream last night. I came home from somewhere with Millie and a small section of the pool cover was unclipped and flapping in the breeze. Millie immediately ran over to that side and with super dog strength jumped straight up from the yard on to the small ledge of the pool. I ran over to stop her from jumping in (dog nails are detrimental to the life of a pool liner) but she dove in before I got there. A squirrel had removed the clips and decided to go swimming. I watched Millie dive underwater and start chasing the squirrel. It wasn't in slow motion like it probably should've been but instead at the speed it would've been had they been on the ground. The minds a funny thing. Anyway, after yelling at her to get up here right this instant (I am a mother of sorts), I saw a haze of red roll through the water like fog on a meadow. Then I woke up. Bizarre, huh?

I think my fever broke last night and I have heard of fever dreams so maybe that was one of them.

D

No comments: