Friday, October 12, 2007

Skunked

My boy did it again. He got skunked last night. I keep trying to tell him that the small black creature with white stripe things aren't cats but clearly he doesn't listen to me. Sigh, children never do. :p

I used that shampoo stuff you hear about - hydrogen peroxide, baking soda (I used baking powder since I didn't have any), and dishwashing soap. I was shocked, and thrilled, when it worked! Freddie doesn't smell like skunk anymore. My house, however, is a totally different story. I'll have to leave every window in the house open all weekend to (hopefully) disperse the stank of Peau de Skunk.

I think I've been fighting something off. I've felt a little... weird for the past couple of days and I learned Jo was sick as a dog. That would explain it. I was supposed to go out with Dina last night but I begged off rescheduling for next week. I have to leave work early today because I'm stupid and I've double booked tonight. I forgot tonight is St Adelaide's fair. It's the one thing my grandmother looks forward to going to and every year we make it a family thing. I have to stop and get cookies for Pepa (vanilla biscotti - yummy!), then head over to Peabody, spend time with her there, then shoot off to Saugus to go to dinner with my immediate family to celebrate my brother's birthday. He's 30 years old today. I can't freakin' believe it. I really can't. I think I'm getting old.

Anyway, I was hoping I'd have lots of down time tonight and tomorrow so I could rest up and not get sick. Clearly that ain't happenin'.

I have to fit in some time for work on Saturday. I need to finish up a few things on that website and I want it done so I can enjoy Sunday.

But first I have to actually *get* to work!

D

No comments: