Saturday, October 22, 2005

Lazy (cold) day

I slept in this morning --- and enjoyed it! After checking email, I decided to treat myself for breakfast so I walked down to our local diner and had eggs over corned beef hash with coffee. Del'ish!

I read some homework while eating (it feels like people stare at you when you eat alone) and realized I still have a lot of reading to do. But, I have the whole day so no big deal.

I came home and watched Tivo for a little while (L&O:CI), then puttered around doing odd things that have been on my list of things to do: dremeled the pup's nails (they don't mind, the big spoon of peanut butter persuades them to like it), took a picture of the piping under the sink so Dad can take a look at it and make recommendations (it leaks a little), and got my paper recycling together. I came in here to check email before going back to reading homework.

I was thinking of doing some yard work but I really just don't feel like it. Not all the leaves have fallen so it makes sense to wait until they have before I head out with the Leaf Hog. And, more importantly, it's cold outside - a mere 45 degrees.... Brrr!

If it wasn't for my family, I'd be in Texas. :) Besides the warm weather, there's just something about a guy in boots and a cowboy hat with manners. :-D If only the guys up here could get a clue. Considering the majority of them are barely literate and refuse to publicly acknowledge things like capitalization, grammar, and punctuation, I think I might be asking for too much.

The one good thing about the cold is that I can get a rip roarin' blaze going in the fire pit without sweating my butt off. Maybe that will be my reward after doing my homework. :)

D

No comments: