Friday, October 21, 2005

Thoughts for today...

Well, I didn't actually get my bulbs planted last weekend like I had planned. Partly due to laziness, and partly due to the fact that I had a more pressing concern with the appearance of water in my basement due to the bazillion inches of rain we received. Out of the 2 sump pumps I have, one of them wasn't plugged in for some unknown reason. The other one, which was plugged in, turned on, but didn't pump out any water - it was broken. :( I again have 2 sump pumps (3 if you include the broken one I have to figure out how to get rid of) thanks to Dad. :) Which is just in time for the rain we're supposed to get this weekend and next week.....Joy.

Going back to the bulbs, I did manage to get them planted yesterday after work. Another just in time thing as according to the packages, they need to be planted before the first frost. 6 hours before the first frost is good, right? I mean, it's still *before* the frost! So, we'll see if anything comes up in the spring. I also didn't follow all of the directions of this many inches down, this many inches between bulbs, etc. I did, however, put them in the right way. :)

This weekend seems to be fairly quiet as far as plans go. I thought we had flyball practice but we don't so I can sleep in. :) I have homework to do tonight, Sat. & Sun. but that shouldn't be too bad. I looked at my grades for this class so far and they're pretty darn good. If I can keep it up, I think I'll be able to keep my 4.0 gpa. :) I have only 4 classes to go for this portion of my education, 13 classes for the next step, and about 4 billion for the step after that. :)

I turned the heat on this morning - it was 60 degrees in the house when I woke up. Millie said forget it and went back to bed (under the covers) after going outside. I've been thinking about getting those vent things that redirect the air underneath furniture if you have a piece of furniture over the vent. Does anyone know if they really work? I guess I should get a filter pretty soon too.

Now I have to find all of my winter clothing....sigh. I'm not ready for the cold!!!

D

No comments: