Wednesday, November 2, 2005

bunch of small stuff I keep forgetting to write about

In no particular order....

For the first time (while I've been home), I had Mourning Doves and female cardinals on my deck eating from the feeder. The Mourning Doves were actually just picking up the seeds from all of the other messy birds. They're good cleaners. :)

Freddie did great at the flyball tourney - he was solid 99.9% of the time, which is excellent. We didn't stay for the costume contest as Rob & Holly wanted to get home to watch the game ( I dunno which game... or what sport....). I was pretty much done by the end as well so I really didn't care. :)

I left work early on Mon & Tues because the weather was incredible and I thought it would be a good time to get the rest of my yard work done. I mowed the lawn, mulched leaves, weed whacked everything, and then swept it all up. It's actually looking pretty darn good, if not a little brown. :)

I finally finished my paper after a million revisions and editing sessions. I'm not sure that I'm all that happy with it but I don't know what else to do with it. They say you are your own worse critic and I think that's very much the case here. I guess I'll find out Monday when I get my grade for it. Here's hoping to keep that perfect GPA. :)

Payton was supposed to come with me to training last night but he pissed me off so I left him home and took Skootchie instead. She had a BLAST! I forget how much training she hasn't had, and just how much she loves working for food. I'll have to start swapping them out I guess. :)

Joe & Ellin are coming over on Sunday to work on the lack of lighting in my basement (Joe's an electrician.) Ellin and I will hang out or go tax-free shopping if we have time. I don't think it's going to take him a long time, so maybe we can just hang out, eat, play cards, and sit by the firepit. :)

Speaking of firepit, I'm considering having a bit of a flame tonight. It's not 70 degrees like yesterday, and it's only supposed to get down to the 50's tonight. I don't have any plans so I'm thinking the kids and I should enjoy a fire tonight. :)

I found out what's expected of me for my next class - WEB 111. What a huge waste of my time and money. I called the school today to see if there was any way at all that I could test out of it, but they don't have a test for it. I told them I'd be willing to do all the homework and the final project in a week and pass it in but they said No. So I have to be bored for the next 6 weeks with this stupid introductory class. What a shame.

My reunion is coming up at the end of this month. I really don't want to go as we just had one 3 years ago. But, I'm on the committee so I have to. That'll teach me to open my mouth. Honestly, the worst part is having to go alone. It's not acceptable to be single at this age - I should be having my 3rd or 4th baby or something. Oh, and having 4 dogs doesn't count, btw. What fun!

I spent Sunday the 30th with Sue as it was her 30th birthday (30 was an awesome year for me.) Aunty Kathy, Sue & I went out to breakfast and then hung around her house from about 2pm on, cooking, talking, chatting - just having a good time. :)

ok, back to work for now. :)

D

No comments: