Tuesday, September 30, 2008

East coast time

I'm failing miserably at getting back into EDT, as can be seen by the time stamp for this.

Ugh. It took me 4 days to get used to PDT and I'm hoping it will be the same with EDT. I need to get into work before 10am!

Other than that, things are slowly getting back into the swing of things - well, as much as they can be without Tweakerbelle around. This house is sooo quiet it's unnerving. But, I'll have my baby back on Friday! Woohoo!!

She had fun at Auntie Michelle's, or so I hear. She stopped being an asshole about a week in and accepted her place in the pack. I'm going to be all over her like white on rice to get rid of any residual repetitive challenging once she gets home. It's a good thing the new pup will be a boy. :)

I got 1/3rd of the placement prizes done tonight. The rest of the week will be finishing the other 2/3rds, finishing the title prizes (changing designs midway is never a good idea) and seeing if I can get a dress for Jill & Pete's wedding Saturday night. I should find that invitation so I know where the hell I'm going.

I'm looking forward to some down time again - *after* the tourney & wedding this weekend, and *after* the disc dog clinic in NJ next weekend and *after* the trips to CT mid-week the following week - then I might have some time off. Perhaps.

Not surprisingly, the pool is green. Again. I don't think my brother did anything to it at all when he was checking on the cats. Apparently I just need to start paying someone to come and stay here so everything can get done at least some of the time. Sigh.

I'd like to find a little time to clean at some point. That would be nice. Maybe do some laundry, some dishes, find the kitchen table again. Y'know, the normal stuff.

I'm following politics more now than I have in the past. I've always had an opinion and I've always done my research but now I'm actually reading articles and watching ridiculous videos of people-who-shall-not-be-named getting blessed against witchcraft in church. I'm not even going to say anything else about it. The same things probably went through everyone else's minds as well so there's no point in repeating it all.

Off to *try* and fall asleep. Again.

D

2 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Yeah, the political thing. Have to keep my mouth shut about my feelings during the work day, as I am surrounded by people who are passionate about their candidate and I don't want to lose any friends.

Honestly, who would want to be president these days? You've got an insane world to deal with and a guarantee that half the U.S. population will hate you worse than the flu the day you win the White House, just because the other party lost.

Dawn said...

I know I wouldn't!! It's funny how people just can't talk about politics or their candidate without getting obnoxious about it. Or it's sad - perception is key!