Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a few things...

So, apparently people in California follow the walk signals consistently. If you want to get from here to there and you need to cross the street, watch the walk light. Good to know if you plan to visit.

I went to a restaurant/brewery that was recommended to me by Mario & Cathy. It was pretty good, I'm glad I went anyway.

I've met a lot of people from other countries during my stay here. All of them have been at the conference - from Brazil, South Africa, Norway, England and Australia. There are far, far more, but that's who I've met.

The sessions have been pretty good - the best ones being a troubleshooting from the client session & a HCM vision road map. Honestly tho', there's really only so much 'geek' I can take in a day so I'm done by the time the day is over. I need a balance between my geekdom and the rest of my life. I did manage to find and pet 4 dogs today, which made me pretty happy. :)

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but there's been a couple of instances where I was walking down the street and the people in front of me were clearly and openly toking it up. Must be that laid back California attitude. :p

I think I've finally settled into the time difference thing too. I'm not tired right now, even tho' it's 1:30am edt right now. I've still been waking up between 2:30-3:30am pdt so maybe not.

A weird thing that I've noticed? I've seen so many people that look like people from back home. I've seen at least 10 people that look like George, 5 that look like some co-workers, a couple that look like family, etc., etc. There was one guy that soooo looked like Juhan from work that I actually caught up to him and started to say something along the lines of "You didn't tell me you would be here!" Embarrassing.

All in all, it's been a good trip but I'm still looking forward to coming home to the pups. :)

D

No comments: