Thursday, December 1, 2005

busy, crazy, hectic, busy!


Well, what else can you expect when your Monday starts with car trouble? :) I've been insanely busy since Turkey day, which was great AND we didn't even burn the house down! We cooked TWO turkeys (my Dad brought a backup just in case we torched the first one) in the turkey fryer in 1/4 of the time it would've taken to cook one of them in the oven. We all left with leftovers (Dad got 8lbs of mashed potatoes - not even kidding...) and a fun time was had by all. Millie got to play with T-Gray all day and then got the turkey neck for breakfast to boot!

Sue, Aunty K, & I got some shopping out of the way over the weekend. I think I only have 6 people left to buy for and then I'm done. :) It's such a great feeling. :) I've had stuff to do every night after work between training, school, and work. But, my Xmas tree is up and halfway decorated so that's cool. I have all the houses displayed and lights on the half-wall. I love shutting all of the main lights off and reading by the Christmas lights. :) This is a picture of Millie in front of the purple tree I did last year. I'll definitely have the purple tree again this year as I just love looking at it. :)

Sue, Aunty K, & I are going to the Festival of Trees tomorrow after work. We were supposed to go a couple of times now but life got in the way. So we'll try and get to it tomorrow. The new Harry Potter movie is out and I can't wait to see it. Maybe I'll head over to Chunky's sometime this weekend.

I was supposed to go to a Flyball Seminar this weekend, but it's expensive and I don't have the extra $$ it would cost. So I'll attempt (HA!) to clean and get some wrapping out of the way.

Next weekend and the one after that I have holiday parties to go to. Then it's Xmas! I can't believe how quickly the time has past...sigh. My birthday is a few short weeks after that and it'll be a whole new year for me calendar wise and age wise. Which is a good thing. :) It's funny, but I'm not afraid of aging anymore - I actually kind of look forward to it. I find that I like, enjoy, & respect myself and my life more and more every year.

I tivo'ed Rudolph last night so I'm off to watch it!

D

No comments: