Friday, December 23, 2005

Feeling Thankful...

I'm sitting here, in work, thinking of everything that will happen over the next couple of days. Like always, I also started thinking of the other side of the coin. Thoughts like that humble me and make me thankful for what I have and what I have achieved. Thinking of the other side of the coin makes me want to be a better person; help more people, do more stuff, benefit humanity instead of wasting my life away with trivial, inconsequential things.

So I thought I'd write down some of the thoughts I had; maybe make someone else think too.

- I'm thankful that, although I have health issues, I can walk, talk, listen, hold, taste, smell, and love.

- I'm thankful that my loved ones are local and around me. I can't imagine what it's like to be a military mom or dad - sitting in some other country while your kids are opening presents on Christmas Day. How heartbreaking that must be.

- I'm very thankful for the military personnel who make my freedoms as precious as they are.

- I'm thankful I have a place to live, a pot roast in the crockpot, a job to pay the bills, and the knowledge that I'm luckier than 2/3rds of the world because of those 3 simple items.

- I'm thankful that I get to spend another holiday season with my grandparents. My grandmother can't hear or see very well, but she can clearly hear my feelings for her through my hugs.

Perception is key in all things, and these thoughts are based on mine.

D

No comments: