Saturday, January 7, 2006

it was a good day....

Today was the first flyball tournament since October. Freddie didn't do as well as he normally does, but I'm thinking it's because of the long break. We only had a couple of practices since then as well so he's a little rusty. :) Or at least that's what I'm going with. ;)

But he did do well, running 3 times in one heat to pull off the win against another team. Ok, he had to run 3 times because he went around the jumps the first time, and then dropped the ball before the last jump the 2nd time, but the third time was clean, if not a little slow. :)

I brought the flyball box home with me today so I could work on his box turns, as well as start training Pacey on the box. Freddie does not have a good swimmer's turn at all - never has. He kinda likes to *splat* on the box more than anything else, which isn't good for his shoulders. So I'm going to see what I can do about that. Since I know he loves it, I'd like to keep him in the game as long as he's physically able to do it. Blowing out his shoulders won't really help that. ;)

We're both pretty tired right now so I'm going to go relax a bit before heading over to my cousin's house for dinner. I think it's going to be an early night for me!!

D

No comments: