Thursday, August 16, 2007

Binbrook

What a weekend it was!

I'm totally into the camping on-site thing - that made it so much easier! Looks like I'll have to start researching campers/RVs. :D

Hanging out with that team all weekend was nothing less than I expected. It was f-u-n! I have an idea of what it takes to be number one and I know I don't have it. :P

I won't say I'm not competitive because I wouldn't be in the sport if I wasn't. I will say that there's a ton of work that goes into being the best and everyone on the team needs to have the same mindset and goals in order for it to work. I think perhaps I'm a little too casual. ;)

I would love it if my team could put together something for these tourneys that are far away. Until that happens though, I don't want to miss out on these experiences so I'll tag along with the people I enjoy being with - as crazy as they are. ;)

Millie did incredibly well for a dog that doesn't like other dogs or crates. :!: She tolerated being in the crate a lot of the time with not nearly as much whining or barking as I thought. I was so thrilled with her and I'm looking forward to being able to bring her again! She's getting older and I want as much time as I can get with her. The day I get that tattoo will probably kill me.

Tweak did really well too! We had a puppy practice and she was dead-on on the tug! She didn't even try to herd me while I was running. We tugged in the yard for a bit yesterday - I waited until she was behind the pool, called her, and ran away with the tug. Bam! Right on it again. It's the best I can do without anyone here to hold her for me. I'm so proud of my little girl. :]

Freddie is a pro at tourneys so he was awesome too, as usual. :) I wanted to let him do a few runs after the tourney was over Saturday night, but there's a rule that you can't have non-registered dogs running when the lights are set up. I felt bad having him there and not being able to run him - he loves it so much. But, he didn't seem to mind so that made me feel a little bit better.

I did break out the camera a couple of times but I didn't get as many pictures as I usually do. I passed the camera Saturday night during ladder ball to a few people. Here's a tip for you: don't give the camera to drunk people. :D I have pictures of the concrete, RVs, people's mouths and eyes but very little that are usable. I do have one OK picture of Bonnie that I'll share eventually.

All in all it was a freakin' great weekend and I can't wait to do it again!!

I had a date Tuesday night with a friend of a friend. I've been talking to him for the past couple of weeks but hadn't met him yet. It went very well! I know my bad date stories are funnier but it was good to have one where I wasn't cringing. :P I'm not sure when we're getting together again since I'll be away, again, this weekend.

Speaking of which, I'm heading down to Susan's to spend the weekend with her, Donna, & Kate. Of course it's the busiest time of year for boarding, which Susan does, so moving all the dogs around will be very, very interesting. ;)

I know she has some adolescent, playful dogs there now that I'm sure Tweak will love playing with! Millie's going into the I'm-old-don't-bother-me group. She'll love that. :P

Well, that's about it for me. I have to finish up homework at some point during the day so I can come home, pack up the dogs and take off for Jersey. I hope they don't mind that I'm coming with dirty laundry. :p

Tweak's at the bay window making these pseudo barks at doG only knows what. It would probably work better for her if she took the tennis ball out of her mouth. ;)

D

No comments: