Thursday, August 30, 2007

lots and lots of stuff...

Been busy. Again. :roll:

But it's kind of starting to calm down a bit. I've caught up on all but 3 assignments for homework - the rest I'll do today or tomorrow. The pool is looking better as well, thankfully. I still have quite a bit to do with it, but I can see to the bottom now. Mustard algae killer doesn't work, btw. Even if the employees at Namco swear it does, don't believe them. I dumped in 4 times the amount they said and it did diddly squat. I stopped there on the way home last night to ask what else I could do and a customer told me how to fix it. And it's working. Go figure.

I have to do a serious poop patrol of the lawn still. My b-i-l is coming up tonight with the grill, maybe my sister as well. I'm leaving work a little bit early today so I can pick up Adam and go shopping at the restaurant store for the BBQ.

Tomorrow night I have to hit BJ's for a few things and stop at HD for a couple of tanks of gas. I have to dump some clarifier in the pool too, maybe I'll do that tonight.

Saturday morning I'll be preparing food, cleaning the house, and getting ice. I also have to set up the tent, clean off the tables and chairs, and put some stuff away.

Now that I have a cellar door in, I don't have to keep a gate plus something heavy in front of it to prevent the cats from going down there. So I can put that stuff away.

I have to find time to bathe the dogs too - I did all their nails the other day.

The BBQ, by the way, is open invitation. If you know me and you're reading this, you're more than welcome to attend! :o

In dog news, Tweak has fully learned the concept of retrieving. This is both good and bad. Good, because it's a great base for flyball and frisbee - I just have to make sure that she doesn't feel the need to put the tennis ball in my hand like I've taught her for everything else. The bad part is, now that's all she does in the house. If I'm doing something, she'll come bring me a toy. Or a shoe. Or a book. Or whatever she can get her grubby little mouth on. :DD

Lately I've been thinking about the past. I'm not sure why, thoughts just pop into my head. I have no regrets in my life. That doesn't mean I have always made the best choices, just that I realize all of those decisions have made me who I am and I like who I am. So, I may get embarrassed by my actions but I don't think I shouldn't have done them. Everything is a learning experience. I'll share at some point, but this is long enough as it is. :p

In server news, I'm sure you've noticed the continuing saga with my blog. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not and a not-so-pretty MySQL error is in it's place. I called tech support, again, yesterday to fix it. I've worked with the person that I spoke with in the past - on the same problem. So he understood my frustration at continually having to call to get this fixed. I've had, at minimum, one ticket a week for this since I moved my blog over.

A file is being created in the /temp directory of the server by dog only knows who or what and it is using up all of the available space. When it gets to a certain size, my blog goes kaplooey (yes that's a technical term.) I asked them to research what the cause of that file was, along with what application was creating it. I also asked for them to upgrade this blog software so I could again have comments and such without the hundreds of spam comments I was receiving. I'm not sure if comments work or not right now, but if you've tried, please let me know what the result was.

I don't have permission to install apps on the server or I'd do it myself. :p

Shower time.

D

No comments: