Friday, August 24, 2007

time...

I've always thought it was amazing, the way the perception of time changes with what's happening in your life.

Remember when you were a kid and your Mom said you had to wait 10 minutes for something? Ten minutes was forever back then. 10 minutes before Frosty the Snowman started. 10 minutes until the caramel apples were ready. 10 minutes until we could leave to go to my cousin's house and play in the pool.

Now, 10 minutes disappears in the blink of an eye. 10 minutes to finish something before a meeting. 10 minutes until it's time to go and you're still getting ready. Reading a book for 10 minutes before bed inevitable turns into 45 for me. 10 minutes is only forever when I'm stuck in traffic or waiting in line at Dunkin Donuts. Otherwise, it's just not enough time.

I know it's my own fault. If I don't bite off more than I can chew, time would flow normally and 10 minutes would just be 10 minutes. I'm a product of my own making and I know it. :p Ah well.

In other news, I'm almost caught up with my homework and I think I should be on track for the rest of the course. I've seriously considered skipping a class after this one for a little bit of a breather. The winter is better for me anyway since that's when I hibernate and don't mind taking a bunch of classes. :) We'll see.

Time to go...

D

No comments: