Saturday, August 4, 2007

thoughts....

A few things to report:

Guess who's Border Collie got soaked to the bone yesterday...on purpose?!

Yup! My little Tweak, the only Border Collie in the world to hate water, did it all on her own. Yesterday was a hot day, so I started filling the kiddie pool for the dogs. Tweak came over to the hose and took a drink out of it. I started making the same sounds I make when I play with her and she responded in a typical BC way - she chased it. :p

I was so excited!! I put my thumb on the opening to create pressure and she chased that. After 5 minutes she was doing 0-60 flat chasing a spray of water and getting *soaked* doing it. Yay!

I won't say she likes water as she still wouldn't go near the kiddie pool, even with the hose, but that's a hell of a lot of more than she's ever done.

Millie likes to swim but she's not so keen to just jump in like she used to do with lakes. I picked her up and brought her into the pool so she could swim for a bit. Of course I had her even while she was swimming. :D

Tweak seemed a little interested, she was coming to the edge with her tail wagging while Millie was in the pool. I showed Millie where the stairs were and got out with her. Tweak came over and let me pick her up so I slowly got into the pool. By the puncture marks in my shoulder from her grabbing on to me, I'd guess she was less than thrilled. ;)

But, maybe she was fine since the hose thing happened the next day. I don't know, nor do I care, as long as I have a way to cool her off in the summer.

I was up early this morning so I took Tweak and Millie for a walk down to Dunkin Donuts. It's only 4 blocks away - about 15 minutes each way. I thought it would be good to give her some exercise before it got really hot, get used to walking longer distances on a leash, and get used to walking on a concrete. She was a bucking bronco for the first 3 minutes. She hit the end of the leash about 50 times before she figured out it wasn't in her best interest to do so. You wouldn't have known I've worked on heel with her by that. Oh, she also thought cars speeding past her were very cool things to chase. *That* was quickly nipped in the bud.

I was hoping she would just mimic Millie, who's awesome on a walk, and by the 1/2 way point, she did. We had a great walk on the way back - the proof being that I didn't spill a drop of my iced coffee. :]

I've seen TV ads for the new show The Two Coreys. I'm already ridiculously sick of reality TV and can't wait for the trend to change. I can understand why people would try to rejuvenate their careers that way. I don't fault them for doing it, but I think it's having the opposite effect on me. I don't want to hear about these people whining about how hard their lives are. The only thing I'm learning from these shows is that their reality is far, far different than mine, their priorities are so skewed they're almost unrecognizable, and that I've never seen more spoiled and shallow people.

If that's what money and fame does to you, they can keep it. I want nothing to do with having that kind of lifestyle. I don't think that would happen to me if I came into billions now, but who can say? I like who I am. It's taken lots of negative and positive experiences for me to end up this way. I'm not willing to trade my life as it is today for anything.

That's my musing for the day, for what it's worth.

In other news, I'm seriously debating on going to Binbrook Canada with NET next weekend. I'm heading to NJ the weekend after it so I'm not sure if I can get the time off, if I can afford it, etc. I think I've talked my brother into staying here, even though he has stuff to do. It's like he thinks that when he dog sits, he needs to be here 24/7, which he doesn't. We'll see what happens.

I know, I'm crazy. But it's kind of fun. :p

D

No comments: