Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Things to do before I die

It's kind of a morbid subject but oh well.

While I was driving to work today, a Lenny Kravitz song came on. I've always enjoyed his music and I started singing along. Listening to it made me think of my desire to learn to play a song of his on the drums. That's something I've always wanted - I don't care which song, I just want to be able to play one song of his on the drums before I die.

Now, there aren't many things I feel I need to do before I leave this existence for another. But that is one of them.

That got me to thinking, what else do I feel I *have* to do before I die? So, here's what I came up with.

  1. Learn to play a Lenny Kravitz song on a drumset.
  2. Visit my friends in Australia.
  3. Sit in a Paris restaurant with my dog.
  4. Get something published - a picture, story, whatever.

That's it. I'm not sure what it says about me that my list is so short and fairly uninteresting. That I've done everything I've wanted so far? That I don't have a good enough imagination? That I live a sheltered life?

Who knows. Perception is key and your perception of me is your own and nothing I want to influence.

I know that Life is good, for the most part. I understand the not-so-good is needed to make the good, good. I know that I'm content with who I am, what I do, and my life as it is today.

If nothing changed, I'd still have a really incredible life - even if I don't get to do the things I want before I die.

But if I do, life will be that much sweeter. ;)

D

No comments: