Thursday, February 2, 2006

Change of plans...

Well, I was planning on going to the flyball tourney on Saturday, and then heading over to Glen & Elissa's house for Jeff's Moving to SanFran party. However, I had forgotten (because I never wrote it down) that the Billy Joel concert is Saturday night as well. Since that is my brother's Xmas present to me, and I told him I'd go, I'll be missing Jeff's party. :( I'm not too crushed as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to catch up with Jeff for dinner or something before he moves away. I was so in the mood for a party though. :)

Only two more weeks until the end of this class, which I'm pretty happy about. It's not that I don't enjoy learning "Advanced HTML", it's that I know 99.9% of it so the class is dragging by. I have to create sites for each of these web classes and I'm about done with coming up with interesting ideas about nothing.

I went outside to get some fresh air this afternoon and I got sucked into a conversation I never wanted to have in the first place. Y'know how there are some people that, as soon as you say hello, they do this huge emotional dump of everything bad or wrong in their lives? Well, there's a couple of people like that at work that I would barely consider acquaintances. And there was one of them walking outside today just a few seconds behind me. It's hard getting out of those situations without being rude. I mean, unless you want to be tagged as a huge bitch, you can't say stuff like, "Don't you ever do anything but complain" or "Y'know, I'm really very uninterested in just about everything you have to say." So instead, I did the "uh huh", "really" thing until I was able to escape. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my time outside like I thought I was going to.

Greta, a dog that I adopted out years ago, is coming to spend the weekend starting tonight. Her parents are going away for a long weekend so she'll be a member of the pack again for a couple of days. I was planning on taking Pacie with me to the tournament to work on some training. But, I may take Greta instead, we'll see.

I guess I've procrastinated enough. I have 9 chapters to read and I'm on page two. :)

D

No comments: