Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Trucks, friends, and 'dooms' day

There was an accident on 495 this morning, so traffic was barely moving. Normally, this is an irritating occurrence, but nothing that gets me tweaked. This morning, however, there was an 18-wheeler behind me for the majority of the trip.

Now, I know I'm sensitive to having trucks behind me since getting rear-ended by one 2 years ago. It's become a knee-jerk reaction to always check my rear-view mirror when traffic stops short because of it. So, I recognize that I'm more sensitive than most when it comes to trucks behind me on the highway.

Anyway, my experience this morning sucked. We weren't going fast at all, so I wasn't too freaked about getting hit. It was the fact that every single time I came to a stop, the truck would stop inches away from me. And without exaggerating, I'm talking *inches* away from me. Seriously. The only thing I could see from my back window was the grill of the truck. No lights, no hood, no bumper, nothing. Just the grill with "Freightliner" at the top. Each freakin' time! At one point, I looked over to the left lane and I could see an amazed look on the face of the person creeping by - they were looking at the truck, that much I could tell. It bothered me, to say the least, but I'm sure it sounds kind of silly here. Maybe I'll get over it if I keep reading my own posts. :)

A friend of mine from a long, long time ago is leaving for San Francisco in 2 weeks. Glen & Elissa are having a going away party for him Saturday night. I have a flyball tourney on Saturday, but we should (hopefully) be done by dinner time. So I'll shower quickly and head over there afterwards. Which reminds me, I have to head up to All Dogs to save a space for Saturday.

Valentine's Day is in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. I hate hearing about all the plans and dates that people have, and then getting that "look" when I say that I don't have anything planned. I wish people could realize that I don't need to be pitied, that my life is awesome without having plans for Valentine's Day. What I really need to do is figure out a way for the looks not to bug me so much. Someday...

I'm watching an old friend on TV, Frank Pino Jr. My ex is in Frank's band, and it's kinda weird catching glimpses of him on TV. Anyway, Frank is the coach for a 16 year old girl from New Hampshire that wants to win her school's Battle of the Bands contest. It should be an interesting show!

I'm off to catch up on homework and do a bit of laundry so I can actually wear clothing tomorrow (they kind of frown upon showing up naked.) :)

D

No comments: