Monday, February 18, 2008

30 days today

Today marks 30 days I've been cigarette free...again. It's an accomplishment that I'm pretty happy with as I can do all these new things now, like breathe. Quite amazing really.

I was on the elliptical machine for 20 mins and I didn't run out of breath at all. I was breathing heavy, but that's supposed to happen when you're exercising - or so I'm told.

So, hooray for me. :)



While in Market Basket at the deli counter:

Me: Can I have 1 1/2 lbs of pre-sliced, white American cheese please. Oh, and I don't care which brand - whichever one you grab first.

Boy: What kind do you want?

Me: I don't care, whichever one you grab first.

Boy: Huh?

Me: I don't care.

The boy grabs the Market Basket white, American cheese blob and puts it on the machine.

Me: Is that the pre-sliced cheese?

Boy: No.

Me: Can I have 1 1/2 lbs of pre-sliced, white American cheese please?

Boy: Oh.

The boy goes out back, grabs a blob of pre-sliced white, American cheese and proceeds to pull off big chunks until he has a pound on the scale.

Boy: Anything else?

Me: Yes. Another 1/2 lb of that please.

Boy: Oh.

The boy grabs another hunk, weighs it, bags it, tags it and hands it over.

Boy: We can't fit more than a pound of cheese in a bag.

Me: Ok.

Was I like that when I was a kid? I was in a patient mood today so I took it all with a smile. Yeah, I don't know what was wrong with me either. ;)



I'm in Presentational Speaking right now. If memory serves me correctly, I think I'll get my A.A.S degree after this class. Won't that be nice. :) I'll be continuing on of course - I don't know near enough for my liking. Then again, I'm not sure I'll ever know near enough for my liking. I'd be a professional student if I could. Can you imagine learning everything you've ever had a question about? You'd never learn it all, but boy would it be fun trying! At least I think it would.

Off to do homework before hitting the hay.

D

No comments: