Monday, February 25, 2008

zumba

Terrie, my occasional gym partner, said to me "I want to try that Zumba class they have at the Fitness Center, come with me." It's described as a cardiovascular that incorporates footwork and moves from Latin and International dance.

Sure! Why not? Change is good! It looks like it could be fun!

Right.

Let me tell you what I learned while taking the Zumba class:

1 - My body does not move that way
2 - Nobody but the Zumba instructor's body moves that way
3 - It is a cardiovascular workout
4 - I was expecting a pole to drop out of the ceiling at one point in time
5 - Did I mention my body doesn't move that way
6 - If I can master even one of the Zumba moves, I'm going to rock in bed
7 - Nobody's body moves that way.

I can't count how many times I said "Are you freakin' kidding me?" during class. Seriously. Apparently I'll have to learn how to detach my hips so I can make my pelvis move the way hers did because that's really the only way my hips can accomplish those moves.

I did have fun. I will go again (thankfully it's only once a week - otherwise my hips would go on strike.) I did get a good workout. I enjoyed the instructor's energy and I'm stupidly jealous of the control she has over her body. Who knew they could move like that?! I'm pretty sure strippers aren't even aware that the female body can move like that.

Yikes. Yup, doing it again. I'm a sick, sick puppy.

And on that note, I'm heading to bed. I still feel somewhat crappy and think I could use the extra rest...after I read for a bit.

D

No comments: