Monday, May 19, 2008

a weird favorite...

Everyone has favorite things - items, situations, actions, whatever. Some of them are pretty normal, almost typical even (think "seeing my child smile" or something.)

I think I have some pretty normal ones for the most part. My absolute favorite thing in the whole world is good friends/family, good beer, good food and good conversation at the same time. Throw in my dogs after a day of dog sports and a fire of some sort and I could seriously die a deliriously happy woman. No amount of money can make that happen although I will admit that money would help with the beer, food & dog sports. :p

Anyway, one of my favorites (that probably isn't as common) happens every day when I get out of the shower. I absolutely *love* drying my face with a really good quality towel that hasn't been washed with fabric softener so it's a little scratchy. It's one of the best feelings in the world for me. I don't know why, it just does it for me. I'm awake and I feel refreshed & comforted. It kind of makes me feel the same as when you get in a really, really good stretch - it's invigorating almost.

Hey, I never said I wasn't a few lights short of a christmas tree. Seriously. Did you forget which blog you were reading? Heh.

I will say that my whole little towel thing didn't feel *as* good this morning due to the ridiculous sunburn I got yesterday. That's what made me think of it - hissing while drying my face this morning. I'll tan soon enough but today I'm still pretty pink....and sore.

Has anyone thought about that personal assistant spot? I could really, really use one right about now!

D

No comments: