Thursday, May 29, 2008

We're winning!

I say "We" like I have anything to do with it. I don't have anything to do with it, nor am I gay, but I have gay friends and I think people should be treated like people. That's where "We" comes in.

Gay rights advocates score wins in NY, Calif.

Denying any group of people anything based on their sex, race, religion or sexual preferences is just plain wrong. Yet some people seem to think it's their inalienable right to do just that. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Today it is gay marriage, what will it be tomorrow? Free speech? People are quick to ban and forbid anything opposite their viewpoints, without realizing that they open the door for someone to swoop in and do the same to them. I wish everyone would watch movies like V for Vendetta and Equilibrium, to name a few, to see just where we will end up someday if we don't start saying No.

I know, off the soap box.



I had planned on writing about why I blog today but I have limited time so I'm not going to. Instead, I'm going to post a few pics. I realized today I haven't posted a picture of the tattoo in a while. I've only had one session of color - I have to get with Ken for more but time has been limited.


I had to put this up here because it's hilarious - Freddie and I in the lanes at the Buffalo Wings flyball tournament in Batavia, NY this past April. I was saying "Ready, Set, Go!" and had just released him to run down the lane. Too funny.


And finally, a wonderful shot of my posterior from Camp Barking Hills this year. In my tricks class, I did demos for the disc tricks the campers could choose from. This was one of them.



So really today has turned into let's-make-fun-of-Dawn-day! Clearly, I started it so feel free to jump in!

D

No comments: