Friday, August 29, 2008

busy week...

I had a vendor in on Monday and Tuesday to demonstrate his software product to my internal customer. That went pretty well and I'm hoping we can make a decision and get the ball rolling within the next couple of weeks. I'm hopeful that this project won't have me tearing all of my hair out. It's doubtful, but I'm still kinda hopeful.

I got some cleaning done around here. See? Miracles do happen. The rest of the time was spent playing with an open source software a friend recommended. I'm having a ton of fun with it and am planning on using it for a few projects. I just have to wrap my head around the infrastructure.

I ran into my cousin Diana today, which was such a cool surprise! She came by with her youngest son a few hours afterwards - we hung out by the pool and caught up on family goings on. I have to say I was just so pleased! I haven't seen her in a couple of years and we used to hang around a lot when we were younger and had less going on in our lives. Hopefully we'll be able to keep in touch more frequently now that we're live close again.

I have a flyball tournament this weekend in Foxboro. We have exactly 4 people going, which is pretty short handed. This tourney is all about puppy practice! Working with the puppies and being as successful as we can with them. It's all about getting them up and running, giving them some good real-life practice and building up their stamina.

I have a headache tonight for some unknown reason. I actually laid down earlier and ended up taking a 2 hour nap because of it. Even with the nap, I'm still tired and am going to bed very soon. I'm wondering if it's a lack of caffeine headache since I didn't have coffee this morning. I would've thought I would've had it this morning, but whatever. I have to get up early anyway. :)

D

No comments: