Wednesday, August 20, 2008

catching up...

I love going away, but I'm starting to despise how long it takes for me to get back into the swing of things when I get back. It takes one full work day to understand the hundreds of emails received while away and another day to act on them in some form. Ugh.

Then, every night after work is booked up visiting family, doing errands and taking care of the dogs so they don't drive me stir crazy. My poor Tivo is going to go on strike soon if I don't start watching a show or two. Meh.

I snapped a quick picture of the medals we won while in Binbrook. Pretty cool, huh?


Pretty soon I'll have to build a room for all of Freddie & Tweak's ribbons, medals, plaques and trophies. I'm just as proud of them as a mother is of her kids. I have the coolest dogs ever. :)

Tonight I'm off to visit the g-rents & help my aunt with some computer stuff. My cousin is going back to school and they want to have everything set for it and her phone.

This weekend I have nothing to do except flyball practice. I repeat: I have *nothing* to do except flyball practice. How freakin' cool is that?! We have another flyball tournament the weekend after, a disc demo at Tufts Vet School the Saturday after that and then a disc competition in CT the next day. September looks nice and light right now too -- with the exception of my week in San Francisco at a conference.

October heats up again with 2 flyball tourneys, a wedding and a weekend in New Jersey to teach disc basics for Barking Hills - all in the first 3 weeks. Yikes. Two more tourneys in November and then we're done until after the holidays (unless someone sanctions something between now and then.) I'm sure I'll probably lose my mind not knowing what the heck to do with myself with a whole *month* of downtime!

There are grumblings of Wicked! being made into a movie. Some people have already started talking about it so eventually it will happen. I just wish it would happen *now*! You know I'll own that the day it comes out on DVD. I might even disregard my dislike for going to the movies alone and hit it on opening night at the theater.

Good lord I can't wait to crawl in to bed tonight. :p

D

No comments: