Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Man...

To use Jessica's saying, today blew chunks.

Some plaid flannel wearing, cheese eating yahoo of a dog owner didn't check all of her dog paperwork to get over the border until last night. Yes, that would be me. So at 2pm Tweak and I were off to the vet to get her rabies shot updated, 10 days late. Sigh. Normally they send out reminders so us yahoos won't do that but because my account is a rescue account, they turn those handy little things off. Grumble, grumble.

I remembered to grab the Keurig this time so we'll have delicious coffee whenever we want it! I think I managed to remember everything else but we'll see. I always manage to forget something. Thankfully I still have some Canadian cash left over from the last trip so I can just run to the store if I need to.

Today consisted of trying to get *some* of the 9-5 work done, running to the vet, running to the butcher, running to the supermarket, coming back home to meet a potential adopter, then running to Walmart to get propane for the grill. We will certainly be eating in style this trip!

So now there's a big pile of crap near the door that needs to be packed in the car. I'd do it tonight but, quite frankly, I don't feel like it. Plus mosquitoes freakin' love me so I'd get eaten alive doing it. I don't know why it seems like there are soooo many more out at night. Unfortunately the bats don't get close enough to pick the little blood suckers off of my body. Lord knows there'd be enough of them.

I'm pretty much all set for the last camping trip to Canada of the year. We'll camp again in October and we'll be in Canada again in November, but we won't do both again until next summer. How thoroughly depressing. If anyone knows of a big company that wants to sponsor us so we can all stop working and travel the country attending flyball tournaments, feel free to send them my way. :p

I'm off to cuddle with the pups for a bit and then hit the hay. I'm wiped!

See y'all on Monday or Tuesday.

D

No comments: