Thursday, September 21, 2006

employee appreciation event

Yesterday we had our employee appreciation event at work. I completely forgot about it until I saw the sign for it when I walked in the door.

I had planned on not bringing home my laptop last night. I wanted to head over to my Dad's house, pick up my book and drop off his water. I was going to take a night for myself and get on board with the class that starts today. Instead, I left work around 7'ish after having a few beers and a surprisingly good steak. I mingled with all my coworkers for a while and then hung out with Jason watching everyone do the electric slide and the marcarena (sp?) After that I came home and played with the dogs for a while. They get their energy back when it's cooler out so they were all raring to go. :) After that we watched a movie and hit the hay.

So today I either have to drive down to Melrose and pick up my book or see if I can talk my brother into coming up to drop it off. I also have to do some work - get some last minute changes done to a new collection I'm working on. I think it's going live next week sometime so we'll see. I like being busy at work, I really do. But it's getting harder and harder to keep up such a killer pace of 12-14 hours a day. I have other things going on in my life that I'm falling behind on and I'm not happy about it. Soon, hopefully soon. :)

Fingers crossed that my brother is feeling really generous tonight. ;)

D

No comments: