Friday, September 1, 2006

I was hiding...

Last night I hid. I hid in my house with the dogs, didn't answer either phone, didn't talk to anyone, just hid.

Chris called me around 9:30am and told me Sue was in the hospital. She's about 6 months pregnant now and any kind of bleeding is a bad thing. So I left work and went to sit in the hospital with her for most of the day. I ended up leaving around 1'ish so I get back to work for my 2 afternoon meetings. Because I was out of work, I had to work last night. So I hid. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I didn't want to explain what was going on with Sue to anybody, I just hid. And it was nice!

I also shut off the ringer on the phones and went to bed early. I wanted a little me time that had nothing to do with work. The dogs pigpiled around me on the bed while I read until it was time for sleep. Then they went into their crates and I passed out. Not what I thought my night would be, but it worked.

It's supposed to rain all weekend, or so the weather forecasters think. I guess I should try to get out and mow the lawn again before that. I need to hit the mall at some point too, which is a good thing to do on a rainy day. I'll probably spend most of the weekend either working or doing homework. Today I feel like I have a very boring life. :)

D

No comments: