Monday, December 18, 2006

holy crap

Christmas is one week away. Where the hell did the time go?

This weekend was a mix of relaxing and busy. Friday night I sat in front of the firepit and got quite toasty. The beer went down too easily and I was so hypnotized by the fire. I was out there for hours and *none* of my wrapping got done.

Saturday I had a hard time shaking off that wobbly feeling you get from drinking more than you should. :) I started wrapping the gifts until it was time to head to my sister's for our pre-christmas get-together. I had talked to *M* for a little bit on Friday night. I really wasn't sure what to do with that whole situation. There were a couple of things I wasn't all that thrilled with and I didn't know what to do. But, he called Saturday morning and saved me from having to make any decision at all! He said he didn't feel the chemistry was there and that we shouldn't see each other anymore. I said yes, I agree, thank you, and goodbye. :)

All those things? Every other sentence ends in "and stuff." "So I went to my car and stuff." "He shouldn't do that and stuff." Petty, huh? If it didn't end in "and stuff" it ended in "it's weird." Oh, and "What the heck" was heard a billion times too. In a sentence, he would repeat the subject three times. I know I'm going to be able to do this one justice so just trust me without an example. He said he understood how busy I was, but then pushed and pushed for us to get together. I got 4 emails in a row asking if I had a chance to look at my schedule, even though I replied with No. "Once you look at your schedule we can make plans, As soon as you pick a day we'll do something, have you looked yet, when are we getting together, how about we do this on this day and this on this day and this on this day." Now the only thing I can picture is the second I sat back from dinner him coming towards me with his tongue hanging out. Can I finish chewing? I say, you're going to0 fast. 15 mins later he does it again. I say, I'm not sure how I feel so stop. 20 mins later, again. I say you are fine right where you are with my hand on his head keeping him away. Finally, another 15 mins later he attempts to come at me with his tongue hanging out again (have I mentioned how unattractive that is?) and I've had it. Clearly I didn't understand what signals I was giving because the more I pushed the more he came at me. I'm just glad that I didn't have to say anything to end it. :)

Sunday I did some more wrapping, finished a blanket I was making for Cameron, and was going to head to our flyball party but something came up and I stayed here instead. I had a CSI marathon tivo'ed and lost myself in that. :)

School is over and I'm pretty happy about that!!! It'll be nice to not worry about assignments for a few weeks. Plus the classes coming up are technical and I enjoy those so much more than workplace communications. Oh, I got a B in that so there goes my 4.0. Ah well. The pressure is off!

Jeez, I have to jet to work! I just noticed the time.

D

No comments: