Monday, May 22, 2006

almost there...

I've spent the last 2 days at the house cleaning, emptying, sorting, and hauling things to the dumpster the city gave us to throw out our stuff. I'm sure I've been equally tired at times, but it feels much worse now. :)

The basement is cleared with the exception of some wood and stuff I keep up on shelves. The plan today is to go through those, finish washing all of the wet clothing and towels, and start cleaning out the first floor as that has now become the dumping ground for everything.

Joe, Ellin, Gary, and my Dad worked all day Saturday and got most of it done. Gary & Joe replaced the breaker box and got electricity back on. The heating guys came and wrote up everything they'd need to replace the furnace and hot water heater. They'll be coming back today to get started and will probably finish up on Tuesday.

On Sunday, Mary, Sue, Lisa, Kim, & I finished hauling everything to the dumpster and then got all of the appliances out. I replaced the washer & dryer yesterday and started trying to save all of the stuff that was floating along. I can't believe the amount of clothing you can put into these new washers - it's amazing! I've done 3 loads and I'm about half way done. Laundry is going to be a breeze from now on. :)

My Dad is having the water heater and all pipes/whatever delivered this morning. I have to run into work to do a few things and then head to the house.

I think it's going to be another long day unfortunately, but it's worth it since I'm hoping to be back in the house Tuesday. :)

D

No comments: