Tuesday, May 2, 2006

exhausted...

I have no idea why I'm so tired, but I can barely keep my eyes open as I'm typing this. I got enough sleep last night - didn't go to bed early but was in at a decent time. I woke up the standard 8 hours later. But boy have I been dragging all day!

I had a dr's appt. with the new guy and I'm thoroughly pleased with him. We get along well, communicate well, he listened to what I had to say, answered my questions - pretty much what a doctor is supposed to do. :) After spending a bunch of time talking with him while he was going over the previous dr's notes, we did the standard "show me where it hurts" stuff. I didn't think I was doing that bad today, but apparently I was completely off base on that one as I almost passed out from pain during the examination.

He reiterated what I'd heard from the other doctors - we'll never know exactly what's wrong with what, what's causing it or the why behind the what's causing it. I can't say that I was pleased hearing it again. Thinking you're going to be in pain and have back problems for the rest of your life and having it drilled into your head from multiple doctors are really 2 different things unfortunately. But, I pretty much dealt with how I feel about that the 2nd time I was told so I guess I've accepted it. Time to move on and figure out what can be done to manage it.

Which brings me to the procedure that is now booked for the beginning of June. Another Radiofrequency ablation, but this one with a twist I guess. Instead of using pulse mode electricity, he's going to use heat instead. The upside is that it's supposed to last longer, the downside is that I'll be in more pain from the procedure itself then anything else for 3-4 weeks afterwards. If I could only go back in time and change something about that day - left earlier, later, was in the 2nd lane instead of the 1st....sigh. Pipe dreams. Jun 1st will be 2 years since the accident.

School has been tough the past couple of weeks, spending hours and hours doing homework to get everything working correctly. This week though, hasn't been that bad at all. I think I'm getting the hang of it or something because I was done with my first assignment a scant 2 hours after I started it. Now I just need to finish the other two (after I read the chapter on it!)

And in the 'Amazing News' category (this is for you Dad), the sink has finally departed the deck! I replaced the sink in my kitchen when I first moved in (going on 2 years now) and the huge, heavy, cast-iron sink has been sitting on my deck since then. Normally stuff like that happens because of my tendency to procrastinate, but this time, it wasn't actually that at all! Since the thing was so freakin' heavy, I wasn't able to carry it down to the street by myself. And, a lot of people visit, but never on a trash (Monday) night. So, Sue & Chris came over on Sunday for a bit and Chris helped me bring it down there. Knowing how heavy it was, I waited to jump in the shower this morning until the garbage men came. When they pulled up in front of my house, I was out there waiting to help load it in - I didn't want to take the chance that they'd leave it because it was too heavy to lift!! So, the sink has left the building. :)

Now I'm off to go read that chapter...in bed!

D

No comments: