Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I'm done!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I'll have a little time to myself now as I'm done with my "Interactive Web Scripting Blah Blah Blah" class. :) I just turned in the last 3 homework assignments (which were thankfully very easy since I hadn't opened the book until 7pm tonight), and my final project (which is a work project that is now complete) and I have nothing else due!

I have one more class to go before the certificate is complete, which I was going to do starting tomorrow, but, I've changed my mind on that one because of all of the traveling I have scheduled for the last 2 weeks in May. So, I'll have that class 2nd session, Summer quarter - about 12 weeks (I think) or so away. This will be the first time I've had any significant time off of school in over a year! Yay!

I've figured out all of the requirements for my bachelors degree and can you believe I'll be in school until 2011?!?! Unreal. But, it's worth it. I got a lot of value from the classes I've taken so far and I still have my 4.0 GPA, so I'll keep going for as long as they (work) let me (read pay for it). :)

I also got a hint of a potential side job coding CSS sheets for a web designer who doesn't know how to write them. I don't know how any web person could not possibly know CSS, but, whatever. It will be extra money in my pocket if it works out - and for very little work! I've been hand coding CSS for years! Woohoo!

I had such a crappy day at work too. I was beyond busy, slammed with meetings, and I just learned I need to document every process for an application I built in anticipation of the COSO audit. Gotta love Enron for giving us the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Bastards. But, it's a good act, designed to protect employees from money-hungry bastards like the Enron execs. I just didn't need to be hit with that on top of all of my other deadlines before I go away.

On top of that lovely piece of news, I got into it with *S* over IM as well. Can I tell you that I am beyond done with guys at this point? Every conversation we have is this huge deep thing and today was just the breaking point for me. Now, I'm not against deep conversations. On the contrary, I love them! But, there's a time and place for them. Work is neither the time or the place. And besides what the hell do you say to someone that proclaims "I am malevolent" to you? Great. Good for you. Now please go away. So I told him I was done. That's it. I've had it. I don't have the time, energy, or desire to deal with that level of drama. And I like my boyfriends to be non-malevolent Thank-You-Very-Much. Needless to say, that wasn't received nicely. Ah well. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be heartbroken...darn. Forgot about that. ;) heehee

So, I'm retiring from the dating scene for a while. I think I need a little *me* time now instead of more deep conversations and bad dates and boring men and men older than I am living at home with Mom & Dad. If it was Matthew McConaughey, that would be one thing. But, I don't know Matthew McConaughey (though I'd like to!), and I'm not dating him, so the living with the parents thing is unacceptable. It should have been unacceptable from the get-go but I'm an idiot, plain and simple. :)

Tomorrow night I have dinner plans with my friend Lynda, who I haven't seen in over a year! I still have her wedding present, which I was unable to go to because of car troubles that day. :( So, we have a lot of catching up to do. I think we'll hit "Not Your Average Joe's" for a bite and then come back here to chat. She's also going to bring her Tarot cards and give me a couple of readings. Hopefully they'll be able to tell me how to avoid people that say things like "I am chaos" and "I am malevolent". :-D Regardless, we'll have a great time, like always. :)

Ugh! I just noticed it's 11:30pm! Off to bed for me and the pups. :)

D

No comments: