Wednesday, May 24, 2006

today's the day (fingers crossed)

Yup, I hope I can move back into my house today. :) I can't wait to sleep in my own bed again. I can't wait to take a shower in my home. I can't wait to make coffee after waking up in my bed and showering in my bathroom. I just can't wait.

I'm not even sure where to start with everything that's been done. I know I got to the house yesterday at 9:30am and didn't leave until 10:50pm. I know the time hasn't been wasted and I know I made good progress but my brain is a little fuzzy right now from being overtired. I bleached the basement walls and power washed them (what a great little machine!) I finished the remainder of the shelves and the workbench. The workbench floated about a foot away from the wall and it's so freakin' heavy, I have no idea how I'll get it back into place.

My sister came by after work to help out. She worked on the first floor, I worked on the basement and we got a ton done. As I'm sure you can imagine, the first floor got *trashed* by people coming in and out, stuff that's supposed to be in the basement (that was salvageable) being all over the place, and cleaning supplies strewn throughout the house.

The heating company is coming back today to finish the water heater and stuff. They didn't line the chimney yesterday, they just installed the furnace. With all the new rules for carbon monoxide and whatever, they had to change the way the furnace was vented. I have 2 new pipes coming out of the side of my house and apparently there is some sort of sign as well.

I was so excited this weekend because my pink rhododendron had started to bloom. The rhodies I planted were young, only about a foot tall or so and it got trampled yesterday by the workers. I was sad when I saw that. Just add that to the list of landscaping that I have to do and re-do because of the flood. I got a chuckle out of seeing some of the mulch that was in the front of the house plastered to the basement wall though. :)

I don't think I mentioned that Freddie went on vacation without me this past weekend. I was supposed to go to Vermont for a flyball tournament, but there was no way I was able to with everything that needed to be done. So, Cindy picked him up and took him with her and her dogs to the tourney. A person that I don't know from one of the teams ran him the whole weekend. I guess he did pretty good despite all of the craziness. I know he came home with a boatload of points. He's less than 2K away from his next title - FMX.

But, it's time to head to the house to finish cleaning up and hopefully test the hot water with a shower. :)


No comments: