Saturday, April 5, 2008

Did I mention...

... how great the word feckless is? Seriously, that's a great freakin' word.

My plans to clean up the outside were once again thwarted by Mother Nature today. It's not raining now, but gardening before finishing my first cup of coffee is sooooo not appealing in the least.

Tweak clocked me in the head the other day. I have a bump and a bruise on my forehead to show for it. She's so much fun. :p

Today I'm going to concentrate on the website I'm supposed to redesign for Susan instead. It's been difficult to really work on it with school going on so now that I have a bit of a break, I'm going back to it. If I can do nothing but focus on that today, there's a fair chance I might even have it done today.

Probably not, but hope is a beautiful thing.

I've been thinking lately that I should expand my creative writing. I'm thinking about picking an emotion and writing a short story or poem about it until I hit all major emotions. See if I can invoke them all with writing.

For the first time in my 4 years here I have a Cardinal at the bird feeder. I would love to get a picture but it spooks more easily than the other birds so it'll take a while.

My flowers have started to bloom. Pretty soon I'll be out every morning taking pictures and boring all of you with them. The crocuses are on the way out, the hyacinths are just starting to bloom and the tulip leaves are up. I still need to get back and clear out all of last year's dead leaves.

I'm going to try growing flowers from seeds again. Not like the first couple of years where I drowned and burnt countless seedlings and young plants. In case you don't remember, or aren't aware, I tried doing the 'start the seedlings in the house' thing first. I was ridiculously unsuccessful.

This year I'm just going to put the damn things in the ground and hope the birds don't eat them.

Keep your fingers crossed.

D

No comments: