Monday, April 28, 2008


Saturday didn't turn out *exactly* as I thought but it wasn't that bad. I did get some yard work done. I did have a relaxing but productive day. I said no George but he stopped by and picked me up for a quick errand. Plus talked on the phone/texted throughout the day. Whatever.

Saturday night was far more interesting than I would've liked. All 4 dogs got skunked on the last potty break of the night. Poor Millie got it so bad I could actually see the spray glistening on her fur and her left eye was closed it was so irritated. I got all the dogs into the bathroom and closed the door. I didn't have anything to clean them with, I couldn't have them rubbing all over the place, it was just a mess. I ran out and bought a boat load of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda after hitting 3 closed stores and hoping 4 dogs stuck together in a tiny bathroom wouldn't rip each other's throats out.

Everyone got baths and the place still stunk. I gave up after bathing everyone because I think it was around 1am. I tossed them all in their crates and went to bed. In the morning I started cleaning after letting the dogs out quickly and tossing them back in their crates. I washed all the floors - twice - with the magic mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap. It doesn't work nearly as well as everyone says... at least on floors anyway.

When I let the dogs out the first time, I went out with them. When I let them out the second time, I went out with them. It was a really good thing I did because Millie did her alarm barking, which brought the rest of the gang at a full gallop, when she saw a skunk lying underneath a grill. I was right behind her and was able to call off the pack for the most part. I say for the most part because Freddie completely blew me off the first time and went in for a little death shake of the skunk. The good part was that I was able to pull him off verbally after that. The even better part is that Freddie didn't get shredded by its vicious little claws or skunked yet again, not that it would've made that much of a difference at that point. He didn't get shredded or skunked because the poor little thing was dead. Ugh!

George was on the phone during all of this. It must have sounded pretty hysterical. At this point, I have 4 smelly dogs, a ridiculously smelly house and now a dead skunk. Great.

Needless to say, I spent the entire rest of the day trying various concoctions that didn't work since my house still smells like a skunk.

There was a short respite when George came over - we got a pizza and watched a movie. I was all over throwing the girl card out on that one and leaving it for him but I couldn't let the dogs out while it was still there so I ended up scooping it into a bag while freaking out in the most girly of ways. George had to change his clothes when he got home - he stunk too.

I got up this morning and got ready for work as normal. I decided to work from home after the girl at Dunkin Donuts told me I stunk. Great! So not only do my house and dogs reek, but now I do as well. I should've guessed that from George having to change his clothes but I didn't. I have no idea how long I will stink. I'm hoping not very.

Susan gave me another concoction to try which is on the docket for tomorrow. I worked from home so I wouldn't offend or contaminate the office. I'll be here for the next couple of days I imagine. I should probably consider showering in that concoction... maybe that will help.

Anyone got any advice for me? About how long will my house smell?


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

feminine douche the powder works great my dog was sprayed a few months ago and it worked wonders.. Give it a try.. My house didn't smell for too long a few days and my dog didn't really smell all that much after that bath.