Friday, April 28, 2006

coupla things...

Well, Betsy and I went to see Cats last night. It was a good show: the costumes were great, the makeup was phenomenal, the dancing was incredible. All well and good, unless you aren't aware of what the storyline is. :) Then it's confusing and....well....just downright sucks. :)

Betsy & I have been researching a ton of stuff on Cats, where it came from, the plot, the characters, etc., etc. All things that would've been good to know yesterday before the show. :) Sven & Ginger sat next to us and (thankfully) was able to clue us in before the 2nd half. Yeah, we're idiots. :) But, I now know more than most people about it.

I'm glad we went. I had a good time. I don't know if I'd see it again and I have no idea why it was received as well as it was on Broadway. Maybe the caliber of actors is better? Soooo..... what would that mean? They can purr better? :) Again, glad I experienced it, but I don't need to do it again. :)

I have a date tonight with *T*. We're going to one of my all-time favorite places in Waltham. :) I'm hoping the company will be at least half as great as the food will be. Boy, that sounds so not nice, huh? Well, there are reasons. Not anything bizarre with *T*, just... reasons.

I have to say, I'm not all that thrilled with the whole dating scene. My life, once calm and predictable, is an increasing flurry of activity. I have to bring my PDA home so I know what I'm doing and when, I have to make sure I call the right person the right name on the phone. It's all so busy and complicated. And it's not like I was a couch potato before it either! I was a pretty busy girl, doing my own thing between work, flyball, rescue, and school. More than enough to keep me occupied!

Dating on it's own isn't that bad. It's quite fun actually, learning about different people, having conversations you really only have when you're trying to get to know someone, experiencing things you haven't before, the first kiss, etc. - all fun stuff. The parts that get me down? Roll your eyes and say 'Here we go', 'cuz that's where we're going.

A) What the f$%* is it with grown men living at home?? Seriously, just about every man I've mentioned directly or indirectly lives at home. And I don't mean in his childhood home because his parents moved to Florida. I mean, "Failure to Launch" kind of living at home. Can I tell you what a turn-off it is for the answer to "What did you have for dinner" be "My Mom made pasta." DUDE!!! You're freakin' 38 years old!!!

I know there are reasons. I know shit happens. I've had a lot of shit happen in the last 5 years, I know shit happens! But "shit happens" is temporary. Really. You can get through it. Move on. Get your own apartment. It'll be Ok. Really. Grow some and then grow up. Sheesh.

B) Drummers. Almost all of them are drummers. Seriously. And for those of you that don't know me all that well, I've already wasted 10 years of my life with musicians - 5 1/2 years out of those 10 was with 1 drummer; another 2 years was with another drummer. And this isn't anything against musicians at all! Let's just say, musicians & I are never really in the same place in life - ever. :) They're awesome people to have has friends, but romantically, been there, done that. And almost all of them have been drummers. Yay. What fun.

The worst part is, it's not like I'm seeking them out or anything. I'm not finding out someone is a drummer and chasing them down. No. Because I've dated drummers. And I'm really not looking to go backwards in life - I was hoping for forward. Fun.

Ok, I'll stop there 'cuz otherwise I have to go into personal details on some of these people and it's not my place (we'll just ignore the whole "living at home" beans I spilled.) I also don't want to hurt anyone's feelings (hoping none of these guys read this...) but at the same time, C'mon now. Seriously. Most of these men are older than me. Most of them have children. Most of them are divorced. All normal for this day 'n age and my age group. I'm sure a divorce is like getting picked up by the back of the neck and shaken like a dirty rag doll. It hurts....hurts your heart, hurts your ego, hurts your wallet, hurts a lot of things. But jeez guys!! How long do you think you have to hide under Mom's apron strings before acting like a man again? Ok, apparently I won't stop there... :-/

Moving on! Tomorrow I have huge plans to do mountains of weeding, all of my planting, mulching, and mowing, and all of my homework. I'll be happy if I just get the rest of my stuff planted and the weeding done. :) I think I have tomorrow night off of the social scene as well, so I might actually be able to watch a TV show or two - imagine that. I haven't been able to do that in a couple of weeks now.

Sunday I have flyball practice and I plans with *S*, but we'll see what happens. I will say that if these plans fall through for any reason short of a death in his immediate family, he's done. No third chance, straight to friends. Buh Bye.

Oh look! It's time to leave work. :) Cheers!!

D

No comments: