Thursday, April 6, 2006

It's quiet here...

You wouldn't think a house with 5 dogs and 2 cats could be considered quiet, but giving back the 2 dogs I was watching (making it 7) really made the place pretty peaceful!

Holly & Rob are now home with TJ. Sammi didn't really care much about the baby and Steffi just wanted to lick his face the whole time. She's quick though, so she'll learn quickly the new rules when it comes to the baby. I'm "borrowing" her this weekend so we can run her at the flyball tournament in Dover. I think I'm running her on our 2nd team, but I'm not sure who will boxload then. Either way, it looks like it will be a tiring weekend!!

I had a date the other night that went well. *D* is sooooo laid back he makes me look high-strung when I'm sleeping! Every once in a while he comes up with something that has me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off, so I'm pretty sure I can get used to his "no sweat" outlook.

I'm not sure why I did this, but I have plans with *S* on Sunday after the tournament. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a rug but we'll see how I feel. I've warned him that my conversation skills may be lacking in between the snores, but he did promise a massage so I'll try to stay awake. :)

I got my grade back from the class I just took - A. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to keep my 4 GPA since I only got 75% on my final project. I sent her a few emails asking why and she wrote back last night saying she had missed 2 features on it and had fixed my grade. There was a point where I was just going to say 'screw it' and not bother with hounding her for an answer, but I'm very glad I didn't now. I worked hard on that final project and 100% is the grade I deserved. She said she had opened it in the frameset of the school window and had missed some of my scripting. You'd think she'd know better by now and would've opened it in a new window. Sheesh. But, all's well again. :)

This new class is a boatload of fun. I love working in Unix so I'm having a great time so far. The best part is, I'll be able to take what I'm learning right now and apply it at work right away. I love learning new skills!

We were supposed to attend a tournament the weekend of April 22nd, but it's been cancelled due to low signup. The teams planned it on the same weekend there was another big tourney in Buffalo, NY, which ticked off quite a number of people. But, we can't go to either now unfortunately. 2 weeks time isn't enough for all of us to travel the 6 1/2 hrs to NY. That and most of the rooms are already booked. :( Just another reason why I should get one of those small RV's! Then I wouldn't have to worry about lodging, I'd just drive my lodging there! lol

Ok, enough playtime - time to get to work!

D

No comments: