Thursday, May 17, 2007

sigh...

...back to work on Monday. It's been a good 2 weeks, busy, but good. It's just too bad that I can't do that all the time and that I had to have surgery to do it at all. Ah well.

I'm done with this cold weather. Please bring back the 80 degree weather. Please? I'm freezing my ass off! The dogs aren't all that happy with it either, except the puppy. She doesn't care all that much about weather.

Pretty soon I'm going to put all the other dogs away so I can train Millie to do Patty Cake. She knows high five (y'know, gimme five!) so I just have to extend it and have her switch her paws to match up with which hand I put out. It should be a cute trick. :) I have to write a list of everything she knows, I'm starting to lose track!! I'll have to teach them to Tweak too. :)

Did I mention I'm done with the cold? Brrrr.

Jason came by and put most of the facing on the bookcase - it looks great!! Tomorrow I'll putty the holes and sand the whole thing down. Then I have to put on a conditioner and one coat of stain. I finally found a color I like - Gunstock or something.

I went to the doctor today and got my stitches out. The incision is longer than I thought it would be - longer than it felt. It's not too pretty right now but in a week it should look a little better. Today's the first day I could type with 2 hands! Woohoo! Limited typing - I can't do 8 hours of it yet...not until Monday.

There are a ton of drugs out there to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Why do you think that is? Maybe because we do nothing but sit in front of computers all day instead of working the field or using our hands to make a living? We don't move around nearly as much as we used to. Maybe the people that are having trouble sleeping should quit their day jobs and go by a farm. I bet they wouldn't have trouble sleeping after working the fields for 10 hours.

That's why it's good to have dogs. I have trouble sleeping *maybe* twice a year. The last time was a couple of weeks ago I think. I couldn't tell you when the time before that was. Heck, I'm tired now. :)

Ok, I have to go teach Millie Patty Cake. :)

D

No comments: