Monday, May 7, 2007

to do list

My to do list is about as long as the Rapunzel's hair. There's no way I'm getting everything done before surgery, it's just physically impossible. I need another set of hands and 3 more days. Ha!

Yesterday was a blur, fun, but a blur. I was 1/2 hour late for flyball practice (ugh), shot home, dropped off the kids, and headed over to my aunt's house. I had to pick my cousin up so I could take her down to the recording studio. I was actually on time for that, but we left 1/2 hour later than we were supposed to, which made us late for the studio. Ugh.

We got there around 1pm'ish. We spent a bunch of time picking microphones, and setting stuff up. Mary warmed up with National Anthem but decided not to record it. I won't go into alllllllll the details, I'll just say that she recorded 11 songs and we left there around 10:30pm. Got back to Peabody around 11pm, got home around 11:30'ish. Have you done the math? Yup. The puppy was in the crate for 12 1/2 hours. UGH!!!

Of course she pee'ed in her crate, which is fine since I wouldn't have wanted her to try and hold it for that long. I tried to call a few people to see if they could let her out but nobody was around. :( I was NOT planning on that much time away, I would've ex-pen'ed her in the kitchen with papers if I had known. I felt *horrible.*

Of course she was raring to go when I got home. Woohoo. And she needed a bath. :p So, all the kids went outside while I started cleaning crates. Then the puppy had her 2nd bath of her life - oh so way beyond less than pleased. I didn't have the time or the patience to make it a really good experience, so she just got a bath. She didn't really struggle all that much, she was just afraid. We bonded afterwards while I towel dried her and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. She was fine after that. :)

We played and played until I couldn't stand up anymore and then it was bed time. It was 1:30am. I so passed out.

All of the kids had had plenty o' time to sleep so they were up and ready for the day at 6:30am. Yay for me. I seriously contemplated passing out on the couch and saying screw it to work. But, it was my last day before surgery and I had a ton of shit to get done before tomorrow. After I'm done depositing my useless thoughts, I'll log on to work and finish up a few things before doing laundry, playing with the dogs, doing the dishes, and finishing up a few things.

Damn! I forgot to measure the deck! Be right back....

Ok, that's done. The wood for the bookcase is being delivered on Wednesday. Since I have to pay a delivery charge anyway, I figured I'd order extra wood so I can replace some of the railings on the stairs and the deck. I probably won't replace them just yet, but why pay another delivery charge when I can just get the wood now on the same delivery charge? I had to measure what I wanted to replace and then call my brother-in-law to figure out what that actually equaled in supplies. I have to call Home Depot tomorrow before I leave for the hospital and add to the order.

So I got to work around 9'ish, worked straight through until 6:30pm, forgetting to get lunch. I was starving by the time I got home and was thankful that I took some steak tips out of the freezer the other day. I ate, played with the dogs, fed the dogs, replied to some emails, started researching a few things for camp, took the rest of the wood outside, cleaned off half of the kitchen table, got some laundry together, and trained the puppy.

Nice day, huh?

I'll be heading to bed soon so I can get up early and finish some work before taking off. When my brother gets here in the morning (he's my keeper for the day tomorrow), I have to show him how to use the mower. I desperately need to mow the lawn and I ran out of time. I think I had planned on doing that on Sunday, but clearly that didn't happen.

Tweak put a new hole in my arm today, by accident....I think. :p It's quite sore unfortunately. She put a few new holes in Millie too. Tweak learned that her whole head still fits in Millie's mouth quite nicely. :)

Well, that's it for me kiddies. I'm going to watch an episode of Metalocalypse and then go pass out. This is the episode where they record their next album under water with a producer that bleeds from his eyes because of the awesome amount of metal, then explodes while getting chased by a nuclear seahorse. Heh. Good stuff. :)

Wish me luck tomorrow. :D

D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of luck tomorrow, Red :)