Thursday, March 30, 2006

It is beautiful outside!

We've finally hit 60 degree weather and I couldn't be happier! The sun is shining, the birds are singing and flitting around finding nest materials, my hyacinths are starting to bloom - today just couldn't be better! :D

It's hard for me to sit here in front of this huge window and try to concentrate on work. I find myself looking outside more often than at my computer screen. Needless to say, my productivity level is down the tubes. :)

But, I'm getting more and more excited about having tomorrow off and working outside all day! I've written my list of things to get at HD when I pick up the overseeder. I'm hoping my trees will come in tomorrow so I can do that at the same time. I called Digsafe and I think everyone has come out to 'mark their territory' on my front lawn - at least that's what I'm assuming is the reason for the little flags all over the place. :)

I'm sure tomorrow's entry will be filled with how sore I am and how much my back hurts, but it will soooo be worth it when everything is green and beautiful. :) I have hostas to plant, some beautiful garnet colored flowers that I can't remember the name of to plant, a few day lilies, and I think one or two other things that I've also forgotten the name of. :) Oh! And my peonies have started coming up too!! I don't know if they'll bloom this year as I've heard they're very tempermental about being moved, but that's ok as next spring they'll be gorgeous. :)

Time to force myself to get back to work. If I stay busy, the day will go my faster and I'll be able to get home to take Millie for a long walk. :)

D

No comments: