Saturday, March 25, 2006

not so relaxing weekend...

Actually, I shouldn't say that since I don't really have anything taxing except for the scrimmage tomorrow. I forgot that I had a small party to go to last night - my cousin's husbands 30th birthday party. I guess it's obvious at these little shindigs that we have Italian in our blood due to the abundant amount of food available. To give you an idea, there were chips & dip, cheese & crackers, bruschetta, nuts, pasta with gravy/sauce/red sauce, meatballs & sausage, plain pasta, sausage cacciatore, chicken fingers, fries, calamari, onion rings, salad &, of course, Italian bread. After that there was carrot cake, Polk cake, and cannoli's to choose from for dessert. How many people, you might wonder? 20? 30? Nope. Nine. Needless to say, I ate too much last night. :)

My aunt and uncle went away for the weekend, so I'm stopping by my grandparents to see how they are and if they need anything. My grandparents live in an apartment over the garage (sounds way worse than it is - their place is nicer than mine...) of my aunt's house. As they got older, they got to the point where they really shouldn't be alone due to the sheer number of doctor appointments, errands, and daily living that they really couldn't perform alone. So, my aunt built this addition on to her house for them, which really put the rest of the family at ease - at least the rest of us that cared anyway. Mema & Pepa still try to be as independent as possible, even going out to the supermarket twice a week. So, if you ever get behind an old man with a hat driving way too slow in the right hand lane, please be gentle, that's my grandfather. He shouldn't be driving, but if you know anything about Italian temperaments, you'll know that trying to wrestle away the keys from a grown man is not the piece of cake it would seem to be. :)

After that, I'm heading down to Glen & Elissa's to visit and play with my little man Eek. His name is Ezekiel, but I call him Eek and he calls me Aunty John - it's just our thing. :) Speaking of which, I need to charge the batteries for my camera if I'm to get any good pictures today. :) He's growing so fast and talking up a storm. I can't believe how quickly time gets away when they're little. I remember Elissa being as pregnant as ever at a July 4th party I had. I think she delivered him the next day or the day after. Thankfully, his big birthday party/cookout is happening on a weekend that I do *not* have a flyball tourney on this year! I posted all the tourneys on myspace so they could plan accordingly. ;)

Tomorrow I have a flyball scrimmage to head to. It's slated to go from 10am - 2pm, but last time we didn't get out of there until 4pm or so. I have dinner plans after that, so I have to make sure I finish all of my homework tonight when I get back. This is my last week of this class, which is nice as I really wasn't as into it as others. I have 2 more classes and then the certificate program is complete. Then I'll have the rest of the summer off until Sept or so and will continue on to one of my degrees.

Next weekend is my last really free weekend before Flyball season really gears up. I have 2 in April, 2 in May, and am then heading down to New Jersey to teach flyball classes at Camp Barking Hills over the holiday weekend. I think I have the last 2 weeks of May off and will be traveling from Vermont to NJ in one of them. Busy times to say the least.

Other than that, I can't wait until I can keep all the windows open all the time and start my spring cleaning - where I'll find the time, I have no idea. :) Anyone want to help? lol

D

No comments: