Monday, March 27, 2006

Sunday was pretty good...

I goofed off on the computer for a while in the morning, then got ready for the scrimmage. I only took Freddie with me, so we could work on his box turns in a distracting environment. I'm determined to get that fixed if it kills me! But, he did wonderfully, even when I started him from over the last jump. He's not quite ready for it, but we're getting there.

Sammi & Scarlett both did *awesome*. They both can have issues with other dogs and neither of them looked anywhere else but up and down the lane while racing. I was very impressed with both of them. They're both ready to start warming up at tourneys and coming in for a heat once in a while. They'll be ready for full-time racing soon enough.

After I got home from the scrimmage (we didn't get out of there until 3:30pm - pretty much what I expected), I took Millie to the Laundro-mutt in Salem to get her clean. It's a do-it-yourself dog washing facility. Pretty nice, easy to use, etc. I'm not sure it's worth $17 but whatever. At least it's there in a pinch. She did pretty well, but was not keen on getting up into the tub, or staying there, or the water pressure, or the other dogs whining. Thankfully I know her so very well because I'm sure I would've psychologically damaged another dog with the fur dryer. It was way too powerful and she almost had a breakdown right then and there. But, with her, I can't back her away from what she's afraid of; she needs to work past it for a bit to know that she'll be ok. I only used it for about a minute and a half and she was a little more calm when I shut it off. Needless to say, I won't be using that again. ;)

My dinner plans got rescheduled last minute to tonight. That's fine, I just have to make sure I finish my homework afterwards. I did get one thing done yesterday, but I just didn't care to do more. Only 3 more days until this class is over! Yay!

And in the "isn't it always the way" category, it seems like when it rains, it pours. People are coming out of the woodwork to say hello, be friends, and go out together. My phone is constantly ringing, but not from the person I want it to (the poptart that gives good squeezes). I'm so confused (goes back to the fact that I way over-think everything) and for the first time in a long time, I really have no idea what to say or do. There are times when I think we're on the same page and others when I have no idea - this weekend was one of the others. I just can't tell what he's thinking and have no clue what he wants. Subtlety is not one of my strong points so I really wish he'd just let me know. Then I could stop driving myself insane guessing. I'd bring it up myself, but a) his message returning and emailing skills have been lacking lately, and b) I don't want to make any potential fears worse. So instead I'll languish in the world of confusion and go about my day.

D

No comments: