Saturday, March 18, 2006

No shit....

So I went to this Irish restaurant/pub last night - Kelley's or something. I have to give them credit as I did not see one iota of green beer. :) What was truly amazing was the fact that they had a Pipe & Drum company come in and play for everyone. If you've never been surrounded (literally, we were in the middle of it - they joked and called it surround sound) by a group of men and women in traditional Irish garb (read kilt) playing bagpipes and drums, I'd recommend it - just bring earplugs. :)

It was really quite interesting! And very different than anything I've ever experienced on St. Patrick's Day so it was really pretty neat. :) More importantly, I got an answer to the age old question of "Do they wear anything under those kilts?" The answer, according to the 2 men I asked, is... it depends on the weather. :) One of the pipers, having a good sense of humor, showed me first hand by flashing me. Thankfully, it's true and on cold nights the *do* wear stuff underneath them. :) He then went on to explain that it's called "regimental" when they go commando. So, keep that term in mind and when you see a man or woman with a kilt, you'll know how to properly ask. :) lol

I did realize that learning Sign Language has more uses than just communicating with the deaf or hard of hearing. It doesn't matter how loud it is - you can still carry on a conversation! Of course, I also learned that it's only beneficial if the people you're with also know it. ;) Anyway, all in all it was a fun night. :)

Today I have some cleaning, food shopping, laundry, and homework to do. I also have someone coming to look at the boys in a while. I don't think that's going to work out, but whatever. I got an email from an old friend that is also involved in Min Pin rescue in TN or somewhere like that. A home that she adopted a dog to is having medical problems and needs to place the dog. I really don't know any of the details, but it looks like I'll be getting another little boy in at some point. That will bring my total to 8, which is my self-imposed limit. I've found that I start to lose my mind and also start to dislike coming home, so it's in my best interest of my sanity to stick with that number. However, I'm hoping I can get at least two of them adopted by the end of the month as I'll be watching my friend's 2 dogs when she goes in to have her baby. Did I mention that there are 5 flyball teammates pregnant at the same time? Don't drink the water. :)

Tonight I have plans to head to the Roadhouse for some ribs - they're so good there. But, I really need to get my ass in gear if I want to get anything accomplished before then!

D

No comments: