Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Monday....sigh.

So, I'm not that thrilled that it's Monday and I'm at work, but the weekend was great. :)

I did end up getting my car back on Friday - Yay! There are still a few small things that need to be done with it, but nothing that I can't swing back to get done after work some day. The insurance company did not pick up the extra days in the rental so there went another $360 that I wish I didn't have to spend. But, the dealer helped out with that by reducing my $500 deductible by that amount. You can bet I'll continue to take my car there for stuff. :)

Saturday was Glen & Elissa's annual/Zeke's birthday party BBQ. As always I had an amazing time with all of my favorites in one place: good food, good beer, good friends, & good conversation all at the same time. Mario & Cathy were there, along with Pat, JJ, Booch, Greg, Chuck, and Jeff, (to name a few) who shocked everyone by flying up from CA to join us for the annual bash. We had a tequila toast in Jeff's honor, which is what tipped the scales for me I think. :) Couldn't have been the six beautifully dark beers I drank, it definitely had to be the tequila shot. ;)

Anyway, it was raining for most of the time, but there were 4 ez-ups in the backyard which gave plenty of protection. Ok, not plenty as there little streams running off the sides, but I didn't mind getting wet (actually I was drenched most of the time from jumping in puddles with Zeke) so I took the outside and let everyone else cower in the middle. I talked to Pat about the tattoo he's drawing out for me - I'm not sure when we'll get to that though as he's got a ton on his plate right now. I've waited this long, more time isn't going to kill me. :) But, I'm very excited about it. :)

Zeke loved his gift - the power tools make sounds and light up!! I have to say, the best part was when I first came in and he came running to me calling out Aunty John, Aunty John! Damn I love that little boy. :) The next 1/2 hr was filled with "Aunty John watch this" as he threw a tiny beachball into the canopies of the ez-ups. :) Then he was zooming around with some of the other kids (I have never seen so many kids at Glen & Elissa's) until it started raining real hard. That was when it was time to grab the Spiderman umbrella and jump in all the puddles. I helped. :)

It was a great time catching up with friends I haven't seen in years (I had to miss last years BBQ because of a flyball tourney). On the way home, I stopped by Tim's to say hey and see what he was doing. His kids were over so we watched wrestling for a bit before they went up to bed and I went home. I was tired by that time and it was getting late, so I let the kids out and went straight to bed.

Sunday started with a large coffee from Dunkins. I had waited many hours before driving home, and drank plenty of water during that time, so I think that helped stave off the dreaded hangover I really should've had. It still took me far longer than normal to get my brain wrapped around reality - I was sluggish for what seemed like forever. I don't bounce back like I used to! But, I didn't have anything major planned so I puttered around and did stuff. Cleaned off the counters, then watched Mythbusters. Did half the dishes, then watched Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe. Put in a load of laundry (which is so effortless now), then watched another Mythbusters show. Did the other half of the dishes, read a book for an hour. It was a lazy, but still somewhat productive day. I can't believe I got all the dishes done. That was the best accomplishment of all. Amazing isn't it? :)

I did a tiny bit of shopping in the afternoon. I found these strings of lights that were dragonflies (my favorite) so I bought a few of them to decorate the deck with. I'll wait until the week of rain has passed and then put them up. My hair is wild enough as it is, I don't need any help from being electrocuted to make it more interesting. :) I stopped and got some chinese food for dinner from a place I haven't tried before. Since I was up at 10pm revisiting dinner in a not nice way, I don't think I'll be supporting that establishment again.

Tuesday I have an awards dinner in Waltham to go to. Freddie's getting a plaque for flyball so I have to go. I have to figure out what type of vegetarian side dish to bring - oh! I might as well bring mushrooms - those are wicked easy. :) Done. Glad I thought of it. :) Wednesday one of my ex's band is doing a reunion show in Boston, which I'm pretty sure I'll be attending. I'll have to give him a heads up so he isn't all surprised to see me there.

This weekend I have a flyball tourney in Northborough - Flyball & Fireworks 9. I have to remember to bring something for the potluck lunch Saturday, and more stuff for our camp area. I'll have to see if Cindy wants me to bring the tent or not. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to crate outside. Or, if it's a billion degrees, hopefully it'll be air conditioned and we'll be able to crate inside. ;)

Ok, I've done enough babblin' for one day. :) I'm sure I'll have something to say tomorrow so stay tuned. :)


No comments: